Hafiz Saeed Vows To Enter India25 July 2011
Times of India
Lahore: Making provocative comments again, Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed has vowed to enter India through Jammu and Kashmir. Saeed, the founder of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba and blamed by India for masterminding the 2008 Mumbai attacks, said: 'From the door of Kashmir we will launch Gazwah-e-Hind (battle for Hindustan)'. Addressing a meeting during a tour of several cities in Pakistan's Punjab province last week, he claimed that there was a secret agreement between India and Israel to 'destroy Pakistan's nuclear assets'. New Delhi has been pressing for action against Saeed who continues to roam freely in Pakistan making anti-India tirades. Saeed has been rubbishing Pakistan government's efforts to improve relations with India, alleging that New Delhi had engaged in dialogue only to 'cause harm' to Pakistan and to sideline the Kashmir issue. Saeed also criticised the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), claiming it had set up offices across Pakistan. 'The CIA had established offices in every city of Pakistan from where they send reports to the US,' he said. During the past week, Saeed visited Bahawalpur and Multan districts of Punjab province to address public meetings and meet JuD activists. Speaking at a 'Defence of Pakistan' convention in Multan on Friday, Saeed said a time would come when only the religious parties would come forward to save Pakistan.