From Faisalabad To Kashmir - Following Captured Pak Terrorist Naved's Journey

10 August 2015
Zee News

Jammu: Pakistani terrorist Naved, who was captured after an intense gunbattle in Udhampur recently, has made startling revelations before the interrogators. Naved, who had been grilled at the Joint Interrogation Centre, began his journey from Rafique Colony, Ghulam Mohammadabad, in Khurrianwala tehsil of Faisalabad in Pakistan till he was caught near Udhampur. Here are the main points of his Interrogation Report (IR) accessed by a leading daily, The Indian Express:- Naved is the son of Mohammad Yaqoob, who is a manual labourer. He started helping his family after dropping out of school due to poverty. Naved came in contact with the LeT in 2011. He was motivated by one 'Bashir' in Faisalabad to join Lashkar. Bashir took him to a Lashkar office in Faisalabad in 2011. He underwent 21 days of training at the Gari Habibullah training camp of Lashkar. He returned home after completion of his training, but stayed in touch with Bashir who further motivated him to go to Muzaffarabad for three months arms training. In August- September 2014, he was taken to Shavai Nallah training camp of Lashkar for three- month arms training. He was imparted training in handling AK-47, pistol and grenade throwing. Naved was summoned for the J&K operation in March 2015, says the IR. Naved was called by Lashkar commanders to another camp, Forward Kahutta, and kept there till he was sent to J&K. The IR says Naved was one of the 4 LeT operatives who were sent across on the J&K mission. The four crossed over in the Gulmarg sector, 'right from Noori post,' says IR. After walking for seven days, the four reached Baba Reshi near Gulmarg. They crossed the Line of Control on June 3. On their way to J&K, one 'Khurshid' acted as their guide and helped them cross the LoC and then took them to Baba Reshi. In Baba Reshi, they were received by Lashkar commander Ubaid, also a Pakistani national. On June 9, they were taken in a truck to Chursoo in Awantipora. In Chursoo, the four terrorists stayed at the house of brothers Fayaz Ahmad Wani and Javaid Ahmad Wani, who were arrested later. The group stayed at Chursoo for two days, before being split. Naveed then headed for Khrew, where the Lashkar's alleged South Kashmir commander Abu Qasim, Doujana and Talha met him at a jungle hideout. Naved stayed at the Khrew hideout for 45 days. From Khrew, Naveed was taken to 'Kakpora near Pulwama, where they met two local contacts - Mantri and Tanna (Tanvir) - who gave them logistical support. Mantri and Tanna, both arrested, would ferry the militants around in his car. Tanna took Doujana and Naved to Srinagar. Naved was dropped at a petrol pump at the entrance of Srinagar city where he saw a river on the other side of the road. He was dropped at Pathachowk. Tanna took Doujana to Lal Chowk where he collected 5 lakh rupees from somebody. Naved returned to Kakpora where he spent two days with an alleged local Lashkar militant, Talib. Doujana then took Naved to Khudwani in Kulgam district (south Kashmir). At the time Naved was sent to Khrew, Noman had allegedly been taken to Anantnag. Naved said that Abu Qasim, Talha and another Lashkar militant, Hamza, came to Fayaz's house and stayed there for six days. An alleged local Hizbul Mujahideen militant, Majid Zargar, reportedly also visited them. Qasim divulged the plan for an attack in Udhampur on August 3. Naved and Noman left Khudwani at 1 pm in the truck on August 4. On August 5, they left Tamatar morh at around 3.30 am and reached Narsoo Nallah, Sarmoli, where the truck driver dropped them near a dhaba. At about 7 am, Noman saw a BSF convoy coming from Jammu side. They took out their AK-47 rifles and hand grenades and came out on either side of the road and opened fire at the convoy vehicles. After Noman died, Naved panicked and began running for his life. He was later overpowered by the local villagers and handed over to the security forces.