LeT Operatives: Delhi Police Team Sent To Jammu And Kashmir

6 December 2015

New Delhi: Days after the Delhi Police unearthed a terror plot by suspected LeT operatives to carry out suicide attacks, putting the national capital on a high alert, a team of Special Cell officers has been sent to Jammu and Kashmir. The team, comprising of two inspector rank officials, are also likely to seek the joint interrogation of two alleged Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) overground workers arrested on November 3 and 24 from Pulwama district and Bhatindi in Jammu respectively, said an official in the Special Cell. The arrested youths had reportedly revealed to the concerned investigators that they were working under south Kashmir-based militant Dujana (suspected to be top LeT militant Abu Dujana), who along with his main aide Ukasha (also suspected to be Abu Ukasha), were allegedly plotting Udhampur-like attacks at cities in northern India, including Delhi, said the official. Apart from Dujana and Ukasha, the Special Cell team are looking out for around half-a-dozen suspects believed to be cadres working under the two. The team is in constant touch with other agencies probing the Udhampur incident and the roles of suspects arrested later in connection with the incident, said the official. Meanwhile, the Security Unit of Delhi Police has been briefed about the matter as the alleged operatives are believed to have targeted 'high profile personalities', which may include Members of Parliament and foreign delegates, said the official, adding that security has been heightened in crowded markets and certain buildings subjected to a perceived terror threat. The Special Cell is also trying to trace a money trail in connection with suspected deals of arms and ammunitions involving the alleged LeT operatives, said the official. The alleged conspiracy came to light when the Special Cell of Delhi Police received an intelligence input about two suspected LeT operatives, identified as Dujana and Ukasha, who allegedly infiltrated into Jammu and Kashmir through Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), following which an FIR was registered, police sources said.